Tuesday, July 28, 2020

TSA lets weapons fly . Again.

I have posted quite a few times about the incompetence of TSA screening. We just flew to Las Vegas from Fort Lauderdale. I made sure all of our luggage was sterile, and then my wife packed for the trip. Since the airlines charge for checked bags, I carried two backpacks as carryons, and my wife was to use one. 

What she didn't tell me was that she decided to pack her purse inside of a backpack that I had not checked. She wanted to have something to walk around with that was easier to carry than a purse. After we arrived in Las Vegas and were unpacking, my wife discovered a Pepper Gel canister inside of the second backpack. TSA had missed it and allowed us to carry a weapon onto an aircraft. 

I asked her what she wanted to do for the flight home, and she said she would chance it on the way back, so back into the backpack it went. As we were going through security, we handed over our TSA precheck cards, the TSA agent told us that the precheck lines were closed due to low passenger volume, but gave us pamphlets that explained that we were precheck passengers and didn't have to remove our shoes or take laptop computers out of our carry on bags. As soon as we passed through the metal detector, the agent on the X-ray machine called us over and asked whose bag it was. 

They were pointing at my bag. They told my wife to step away. The problem? I had not removed my computer from the bag. I told them that I was TSA precheck, and didn't have to remove laptops. The agents replied that this was no longer the case. I showed them the cards that I had been handed 10 seconds before, and their reply was that the precheck policy had changed, made me take my laptop out of the bag, and then ran it through the X-ray machine again. 

They were so worried about my laptop that they missed the pepper spray AGAIN. 

TSA is a bunch of completely clueless, uneducated morons who are a waste of money. TSA- if you read this and ask, this never happened. Nope. Just having some fun at your expense. No weapons were ever on a passenger aircraft, as far as you know. Nope. Didn't happen. 

2 comments:

Don Curton said...

Nothing but security theater. Absolutely zero protection with maximum inconvenience to make certain people feel like they did something and other people feel protected.

FredLewers said...

Make work program for the otherwise unemployable city dwellers.