Sunday, July 19, 2020

DeSantis, the South, and Superiority

A person recently told me that Florida is messed up because our governor has a 4th grade education. The funny part of that is Governor DeSantis has a BA in history from Yale, a JD with honors from Harvard, and served in the US Navy as a Lieutenant Commander (O-4). He spent 2006 as a part of the JAG team that was assigned to Guantanamo Bay's terrorist detention facility, then in 2007 was sent to Iraq as a part of the command group for SEAL team One, which was in Fallujah.

Compare that resume to the one for Governor Party Tits of New York, who graduated from the Albany School of Law. 

The left assumes that anyone who disagrees with them must be uneducated and stupid. I get that all the time, despite the fact that I have 3 college degrees, and scored in the 90th percentile or higher on the ACT, the SAT, and the GRE. Because I am from the south and not a liberal, they assume that I am stupid. Just today, I had a guy with a Liberal Arts Degree call me stupid for no knowing who Immanuel Kant was. He got to feel smarter because his Arts Degree enabled him to know that. Did I mention that he is the Assistant Manager of a Taco Bell?


4 comments:

jwl said...

Immanuel Kant? What a real pissant.

I bet the fellow couldn't have told you the difference between girders and joists.

TechieDude said...

That was an argument I'd have when Bush 2 was in office.

Either the guy is an idiot and an ivy league education is worthless, or an ivy league education really is all that and the the guy is actually smart.

It can't be both.

Craig Mark said...

I saw an appropriate meme a couple of days ago. "For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion." Pretty much sums up my take on the idiots that you describe.

Wayne said...

Did he/she/zhe/zit ask if you wanted churros with your order?