Thursday, November 5, 2020

BLM protest at my school

 Yesterday, a student was told to remove her mask because it had BLM printed on it. The school is even handed- the dress code prohibits Trump stuff, too. Also prohibited are things like rebel flags, clothing with sexual or vulgar language, and other things that are disruptive in a school. 

Anyway, that student then organized a group of about 30 to 50 students who then refused to go to class and stood outside chanting "Black Lives Matter" while standing in front of the school's entrance so as to prevent anyone from entering. They began sending pictures of themselves protesting to other students in an attempt to get them to leave class and join the protest. 

This student is known to me- I had her last year. She is a loudmouthed asshole. In fact, the same student was the subject of a post last year. When I was having trouble in class with students using phones during class, I gave them a writing assignment of "How cell phones disrupt learning" and I got back a barely literate screed that included statements like "I am not your pet or your child... but I am not finna sit here and act like I am OK with the way y'all treat us just because y'all got a little piece of paper that says you are a teacher"


3 comments:

Miguel GFZ said...

My dad used to say that what you do not learn at school or at home, you will learn the very hard way in the street.

Her diploma will be glorious in its karma.

Fladave said...

test

Wayne said...

Was your student "vibrant" and "diverse"?