Monday, August 31, 2020

Zones

There were some questions about this morning's zone list. Some cities failed to make the list simply because there are a lot of cities, there is a lot of information, not all of it is easy to find or accessible, and I didn't have an unlimited amount of time.

Other cities were placed where they were, based upon the best information I had. For example, Miami was put in zone two because:

BLM/Antifa protests were violent on May 30.
Miami/Dade Mayor cites evidence that there are professional agitators from out of state assisting rioters on May 31.
Miami Police kneeled with and chanted with protesters
BLM/Antifa protests were violent on June 10

What pushed me into moving Miami to Zone 2 was this incident from July 18, where insurgents were blocking traffic and then guns were brandished. That same protest also produced this story.

These incidents were taken into account, and I felt that this indicated that there was a likelihood for further violence in the future. This is a big project. If Miguel, who is on the ground there, still feels that Miami should have a Zone change, I will do so. He is certainly closer to the source than I am. Let me know.
That goes for anyone else. If you are in an area and feel that it should be changed, let me know.

I am also adding Tallahassee to Zone 1, thanks to this incident.

I am also adding a link to the Danger Zone list in the sidebar

2 comments:

Miguel GFZ said...

People waving guns at potential idiots is not an unheard thing here unfortunately. But you have that happening a lot mostly outside strip joints, so maybe that is why I (particularly) do not give it more importance.
If the trigger had been pulled, maybe we would be singing a different bolero.
Besides, the ones ending up arrested were the street blockers :)

The closest thing we had to vandalism of a building was an attacks on a CVS pharmacy that was blocked by other protesters and who narc'ed the idiots when the cops arrived.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/06/01/watch-as-miami-protesters-protect-a-cvs-when-people-try-to-break-in/



Divemedic said...

Done. You are the man on the ground down there, my friend.