Friday, August 14, 2020

Redesign

My wife was just notified that the school where she works is moving in three years. They are building a new school, which will be 20 minutes further from our house. She wants to move to an area that is closer to her job.

The funny thing is that although this new school is also further from my school, it is a shorter commute.

We won't have to sell our current house, and will be able to add another rental to our business, one that has no mortgage.

So I am onboard. This will be the first house that I have had built. Ever.

I told her that I would like some design features added to our home. The wife and I are currently discussing adding some features. I want to make the place more secure without making it look like a fortress. Maybe some nice looking planters in front. See if I can get the walls for the master closet made of sturdy enough material to make it a safe room. I am not sure what it will be, but I want to see what we is possible for what we can afford.

We have two years to plan before we have to start construction, so there is plenty of time.

3 comments:

Miguel GFZ said...

The moat, don't forget the moat.

Hell, we already have alligators, may as well use them.

Therefore said...

One of the things you can do is plant big bushing fruits with sharp thorns. My last did this for our perimeter. Not as good as razor wire but it does show them down without advertising what it is.

Brass said...

Are you looking at concrete for the whole house? Might help with the hurricane insurance.