Sunday, July 15, 2012

Shortages and breadlines

When I was a kid and the Soviet economy was crashing, I remember reading about bread lines- the Soviet people used to stand in line for hours to get a loaf of bread. Shortages were endemic, especially as the economy of that country got closer and closer to collapse. The most active part of the Soviet economy was the black market.

As our own economy falters and gets closer to collapse, we will see shortages get worse. Already, we are seeing significant shortages in medicine, and the ObamaCare changes haven't even taken effect, yet. Speed completion of your preparations. This is gonna hurt.

1 comment:

S-W said...

The biggest worry I have is "Keeping" my preps when it goes south.

I've seen (and read about) many instances of mankind going Feral, if even just for a few hours.

Multiply that by 10's of thousands of starving peeps and it gets ugly quick.

Good luck