Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gun store inspecting firearms

I decided to go to the range today. I went to Shoot Straight in Apopka. They have an indoor range, and more importantly, they allow long guns, and since I needed to test some repairs that I had done to one of the ARs, we went there.

When we got there, I went to go pay the fee, and the employee behind the counter insisted that he inspect my firearms. Now, I have shot at this store and the sister store in Cassleberry perhaps 20 or thirty times. I have bought perhaps 15 firearms from that store over the last few years. Heck, I bought four firearms there so far this year alone. Not once have I had my firearms 'inspected' by an employee.

They have never asked this before, so I wanted to know why things had changed. He told me that they have always had this policy, and proceeded to lecture me about how they can inspect or search anyone who is on their property at any time. I told him that I wasn't looking for a lecture, I wanted to know what they were checking for. He ignored me. I still don't know why they were inspecting my guns.

This was rude, and will mean that I will likely never set foot in that store again. Congratulations guys, you just lost thousands of dollars in future sales.

2 comments:

emt.dan said...

Interesting... are you sure this wasn't just some errant employee? Did you ask to speak to a manager? See the policy in writing?

SiGraybeard said...

I have only bought one gun from them, at the Orlando gun show, a while back. I've only seen them at shows, and never been to the stores.