Thursday, September 3, 2020

Stupidity

 Some friends of ours just told me a story that is so stupid, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't know them. He just tested COVID positive, having caught it from someone at work. He has to quarantine for ten days. She is a teacher. She, according to the interpretation of the latest CDC guidelines, has to remain in quarantine for the ten days that he is ill and quarantined, plus an additional 14 days to make sure that she herself isn't contagious. If she herself tests positive at any point during that 24 day quarantine, then that changes everything. She would then only have to quarantine for ten days after her positive test. 

So here we have a situation where a person who tests negative would be held in quarantine for more than twice as long as someone who is sick. 

If it were me, I would deliberately catch COVID so I could be released from quarantine two weeks earlier. 

1 comment:

jen said...

I work in an ER. They're making us work sick. GOK how many patients are getting it from us. Those of us that wear PPE are derided.