Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Property crimes

People are all up in arms that the police in California are no longer investigating property crimes. That's nothing new.

In the year 2000 my car was burglarized. The police knew who did it. They got his identity from the fingerprints. They told me that he would not likely face charges, because the police department did not have the resources to deal with "minor" crimes like auto burglary.

In the year 2005, someone stole a check from my mailbox, forged my signature on it, and deposited it into their checking account. I got a copy of the check, and sure enough, there was the name, account number, and signature of the miscreant. The police again told me that they didn't have the resources to pursue the criminal.

On the way home, I passed 5 cops writing traffic tickets. The priority of the police has been about money for years. 

No comments: