Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Magic power of signs

Yesterday I was at my school for the first time this school year. The fence that is now required around all schools was about half complete. One of my fellow teachers complained: "See that fence? That is the raise we should have gotten, right there. I could have saved them some money by putting up a sign that says 'We shoot back.'"

I pointed out that we can't shoot back, because teachers can't carry. She replied that she didn't think teachers should actually have guns, but the students who saw the sign wouldn't know that we were unarmed. The sign would be a deterrent.

I don't understand how people think sometimes.

2 comments:

Miguel GFZ said...

Even if they had agree to put the sign up, some Liberal mommy would have read it and lose her Xanax & Wine calm before reporting it to the cops, the school board and Channel 7 news.

Angus McThag said...

Listening to some of my wife's co-workers you'd think that the law that allows some staff, in rare circumstance, to be (maybe) armed was a outright requirement for all teachers carry guns and shoot bothersome students (especially the black ones).

Reality doesn't intrude much in their worlds.