Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The plunge

Three years ago, I began dating a delightful woman. Within a month, we had taken our first trip together: we went to Mexico for a week.

Six months later, we were living together.

A month after that, I became a high school science teacher, so we would have extra money to travel and our days off would match.

Over the next two years, that woman from New York would change from mildly anti-gun New York girl to a CCW holding, gun carrying, Trump voting, libertarian leaning Trump voter.

To say that we had changed each other is an understatement.

So a year ago, on November 11th, we became engaged.

In the past week, we were married. It was a medium sized affair, with about 50 guests. The ceremony was short and meaningful, with many of the attendees saying that it was unique and fun.

She was so beautiful, and I was so moved. This was my third marriage, and for the first time, I cried at a wedding. I am not ashamed to say it. This woman is special like no other has been, and I am happy to have finally find the peace I have always longed for.

The after party was a blast, with an open bar, outstanding gourmet food. We are both foodies- I and my family are Cajun, and she and her family are Italian, so you know that the food there would be interesting, tasty, and not at all healthy. The chef we hired made great food, which we previewed this past summer, to make sure it fit our requirements.

Everyone had a great time.

Now I settle into the married life, once again.

8 comments:

Borepatch said...

Congratulations!

Sian said...

Fantastic news - congratulations!

SiGraybeard said...

Allow me to add my congratulations, too! Really great to hear the news.

raven said...

How sweet is that! Congratulations!

zuk said...

Congratulations. Best move I ever made was taking the plunge and I wish you the same success.

drjim said...

Congratulations!

Mark J said...

Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

Met mine 28 years ago. Hope you two have a great life to Heather.
Storyteller and Lady Julie