Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Lawsuits needed

The airlines and passengers need to start suing idiots like this guy when they deliberately make statements that cost people money. 

“About mid-way through the flight, I stood up, pulled my video camera out — I was going to post it to Instagram, send it to 6ixbuzz so it goes viral, I looked around, I said ‘can I get everybody’s attention please’ and … I followed up by saying, word-for-word, I said, ‘I just came back from Hunan province, the capital of the coronavirus … I’m not feeling too well. Thank you.’”
Potok, an aspiring musician, nevertheless insists the prank was “good for publicity.”
“It would be something else if I said, ‘Hey guys, I have a bomb strapped to me,’” Potok told CityNews. “People blew it out of proportion.”
The plane had to return to its originating airport.

2 comments:

TCK said...

Considering that making a 'prank' bomb-threat gets you thrown into jail, I don't see why they should stop at a civil lawsuit.

SiGraybeard said...

Perhaps handcuff him with his hands in a bag - peoples' hands touching their faces and then other surfaces is how most spreading occurs - put a mask over his face and restrain him in his seat with seat belts.

To discourage others.