Monday, September 14, 2015

Reasonable discussion

The anti gunners keep saying that they want a reasonable discussion about gun control.

Here is how a recent discussion that I had with an anti gunner went:

Anti gunner:
A strong majority of gun owners and non gun owners support stronger restrictions on firearms, according to a national survey conducted by Johns Hopkins University.

Divemedic:
You know that reading a news story about a study is not the same thing as seeing the study, right? Let me look at the study and see what it says. I have been searching the databases, but can't seem to find the study anywhere.Would you happen to know the author or the title of the study?

Antigunner:
I really don't care. I think Most NRA member lie though their teeth. Their a bunch of sick evil people in my book. I compare them to being members of some demonic church of the gun. Feeding on the Blood of the Innocent.

So much for reasonable discussion. That is what they think of you.

Another anti gunner on the same site came out with the "we should treat cars like guns" meme, and I countered with LawDog's theory on why that isn't REALLY what they want. My post was deleted. Reasonable discussion, indeed.




1 comment:

raven said...

"I really don't care. I think Most NRA member lie though their teeth. Their a bunch of sick evil people in my book. I compare them to being members of some demonic church of the gun. Feeding on the Blood of the Innocent."

And this is why you really, really, don't want to give up your guns. People who give up their guns will not be loved by the anti's- they will still be hated and de-humanized - and unarmed. gee, where have we seen this movie before?

Guns are not really hated by the anti's- they love guns. They just don't want YOU to have one. To them, guns are a convenient marker, sort of like a yellow star- a gun identifies the enemy. The reason they are so vehement is that a gun also has the side effect of enabling resistance.