Friday, April 20, 2012

HamCity disappointment

I recently bought a new 2012 Ford Escape. I ordered the parts to install a HAM radio in it. When the package arrived today, the things in it were not the things that I ordered. They are shipping the right parts to me, along with a shipping label for returning the incorrect items. Now I have to wait ANOTHER week for the stuff to come in. 

The radio is a Yaesu FT-7900. It is a dual band radio (2 meter/70 centimeter). I have the wiring run and the antenna installed. It always makes me nervous to drill holes in a brand new vehicle. As soon as the parts come in and the radio installation is complete, I will post pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the blog, don't guess I realized you were a fellow HAM.

Jim - K5JAW
www.k5jaw.com
www.jwhitfield71.com