Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why do I care what you think?

A few years ago I saw the band "Live" play for the Mardi Gras event at Universal Studios in Orlando and it almost got me in a fight. They played a song or two, and then the band stopped playing and began to talk about "George Bush's illegal war." This really ticked me off, as I had paid to hear the music, not the bands opinions on politics. I yelled out, "Shut up and play the fucking music." Several fans nearby got very irate, and I thought I was about to get my ass kicked.

The reason this comes up is because of Paul McCartney's comments about GW not knowing what a library was. As Breda points out, GW was married to a librarian. He also graduated from Yale AND Harvard. He is no dummy, but that isn't the point.

The point here is this: YOU ARE A MUSICIAN, YOU BRAIN DEAD ASSHOLES. We pay you to play music, not to hear your opinions on politics. You are no more qualified to comment on political matters than the cab driver that took me to the airport. Shut up and do your jobs.

No comments: