Monday, July 13, 2020

Crazy

For years, I have used the following to illustrate the insanity of the transgender position:

Let's say that I believe myself to be a gorilla. No matter how strongly I believe it, I am still not a gorilla.
Let's say that I take pills to make myself grow more hair to look more like a gorilla. I am still not a gorilla.
If I hire a surgeon to perform an operation to make myself look more like a gorilla, I am still not a gorilla.
If I get a million people to say that I can be whatever I identify myself as, and declare than I am a gorilla, I am still not a gorilla.
If I were to believe myself to be a gorilla and took the steps above, people would say I am crazy.
This is going to sound like a parody, but sadly, it isn't. The social media platform Twitch now has a man who identifies as both a woman and a deer, and this nutcase is now a moderator: in charge of censoring the users of the platform for not having a diverse enough opinion.


5 comments:

AuricTech Shipyards said...

As Homer Simpson might say:

"Doe!"

Don Curton said...

Oh dear!

Angus McThag said...

DOH!
A deer.
A female deer.

I still maintain, thanks to the time I spent trying to earn a psych degree, that we need to have a massive fuck ton more compassion for the people with wiring issues who look in the mirror and do not see the person they think they are.

What we have is a large contingent of people who decry, "you're nuts, fuck off!" and dismiss them in the most derogatory way possible.

This makes the problem worse, not better.

No, they are not a gorilla.

But making fun of them and demeaning them and thinking that your diagnosis of clear insanity, doesn't do fuck all to aid the situation.

It's a wonderfully counter-intuitive thing.

Did you know one of the most effective ways to stop a suicide is to assist the suicidal person in planning? When you detail the plan far enough they often see how ending their pain makes everyone around them more miserable than they are right now.

When we get through the SJW years, I think we're going to find that pretending the self-identified gorillas are going to be better aided by joining them in the facade, rather than screaming, "YOU ARE NOT A GORILLA!"

You're treating them like they have a fucking choice in the matter, like they've lied to you.

They haven't lied and they really cannot help it.

But compassion for something like this is so very rare.

Don Curton said...

Angus, my response would be that there are a few people with wiring issues who need compassion and therapy (of what sort IDK). Yet there are a fuck-ton more people who are imitating those same wiring issues because it is now trendy and a cheap way to get attention. To that second group, scorn and derision are totally warranted.

Of course, as a lifelong engineer, my mental state is that 2+2=4 and most things are black and white simple. I'll concede a little gray area every now and then.

Divemedic said...

Angus: What you don't do however, is then ostracize and punish people who disagree with the person and point out that they are not, in fact, a gorilla.

Nor do you put the delusional person in charge of deciding who gets to speak on the issue.

This transgender thing is over the top. You don't force 8 year old girls to use the same changing room as a 30 year old man who claims he is a woman. You don't force 18 year old weightlifters to compete against 22 year old men who claim they are women. Instead, you get the delusional person treatment.