Friday, October 25, 2013

Password foolishness

Passwords. I understand that many web admins want to ensure the security of their systems. I recently had to change my password for a site, and here are the requirements:
1 Password must be changed every 90 days.
2 Password cannot be a repeat of any of your last ten passwords.
3 Password must contain three of the following: Capital letter, number, punctuation mark, lower case letter
4 Password cannot be a variation of your name

Seriously, most of my online accounts are not that important. Places like pizza delivery, sandwich shops, online forums, and the like don't need that sort of security. I have to try to remember 100s of passwords. Sure, I can use a password wallet, but that is kind of a weak point, isn't it? After all, if a hacker wants to get my accounts, he can hit paydirt from getting the password from my wallet...

No comments: