Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hectic

This year has been one of absolute turmoil, and of change. I went on my sabbatical by taking a 6 week, 7,200 mile road trip that took me to  15 states, one territory, four foreign countries, and returned last weekend. When I arrived home, I had a call from a school that wanted to interview me in connection with my newest career change. I had that interview on Wednesday.

They called me Wednesday night at 7 p.m. and offered me a job. The catch? The job started the following morning at 7:30 a.m.. The job was 85 miles away from my house. Students start class in less than a week. In that time, I have to complete new hire training, attend all of the staff meetings, write all of my lesson plans, the syllabus, make all of my teaching aids for at least the first couple of weeks, and attend the new student orientation to meet my new students and their parents. All while trying to relocate to a house 80 miles from my old one. I barely have time for eating and sleeping.

As I am sure that you can understand, blogging has taken a back burner. Even during the road trip, blogging was problematic because I was in an area of backwoods Maine for several weeks, where there were no cell phone towers and, in many cases, the places where I was staying were completely off the grid. No power, no phone, no television, and certainly no internet. There are some interesting stories to tell, and just as soon as I get the time, they will be told.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy time! Good luck in the new career. As a new reader, looking forward to future posts.