Sunday, June 22, 2014

Another career change

I have decided that I need to find something to do to occupy my time during retirement. So what I did was apply to be licensed as a Florida teacher. The state claims to have a need for teachers, due to a shortage.

I applied for my certification in Biology and Health. I got a letter from the state saying that a Paramedic with 25 years of experience doesn't have the training in First Aid in order to be a Health teacher. I thought this was ridiculous, so I appealed.

I am now approved to teach young minds in the fields of Biology, Science, and Health.


3 comments:

DaddyBear said...

Good luck! We need better teachers.

Anonymous said...

You should make a great teacher, after working as an emergency medic for so many years, you do have some excellent skills to transition to your new chosen field. Congratulations, and happy for you
Selene

Dan said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear your war stories!