Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Poor leadership, part 2

This is my rant about my life. 

In my post from earlier in the week, I talked about the Principal firing me because a politically well connected student received a C on one of my Chemistry exams. The story continues.

I applied for unemployment. The evidence is pretty strong in my favor:

- Three weeks before I was terminated, I received my annual evaluation, and it rated me as an "effective" employee.

- Two days before I was terminated, my evaluation score was a 2.7 (effective), which is pretty good for my school.

They are fighting my unemployment, saying that I was fired for misconduct. There are no previous discipline entries on my record, but my evaluation was changed the day after I filed for unemployment to say that I have a 2.2 (needs improvement). I have copies of everything.

During the termination proceedings, this principal (who is an amateur competitor in men's bodybuilding) told me that PE is the most important subject, because they learn skills there like teamwork and work ethic that they will use their entire lives, whereas the stuff they learn in science and math, they will never use again. Spoken like a true jock.

They hired as my replacement a guy who isn't certified to teach Biology or Chemistry. His certification is in Elementary School Physical Education. His transcripts show that he failed freshman Biology in college and had to take it over. He received a C the second time he took it. So much for schools only hiring highly qualified teachers for core subjects under "No Child Left Behind.".

No comments: