Monday, February 22, 2016

Economic intelligence?

Bernie Sanders has a net worth of just over $525,000, including the town home that he owns, which is valued at $100,000. Consider that he is paid $174,000 a year for being a member of Congress. He has been a member of Congress since 1991. Before that, he was the Mayor of Burlington, Vermont for nine years. He receives a pension for that as well.

Looking at the pay Congress receives, he has made $2.9 million since 1991. He also has a Senate expense account, which cost taxpayers $2.5 million in 2014, yet with all of this pay and benefits for more than two decades, he has almost nothing to show for it, aside from a $100,000 condo.

Is this the guy who you want running a national budget? My 29 year old son has a higher net worth than that.

1 comment:

da_truth36 said...

This whole election is one giant charlie foxtrot. I personally don't believe Trump is the most qualified for the job and I'm fervently hoping Cruz makes a serious comeback, but I will vote for Trump if he's on the ballot.

If something catastrophic were to occur and Clinton and Sanders were the only two candidates on the ballot, and if there were a gun to my head forcing me to vote, I would pick Sanders. At least he's honest about his intentions to ruin this country.