Monday, November 17, 2014

Differences

Let me illustrate the difference between men and women by telling you about my upcoming cruise. We are leaving on Monday morning for our cruise ship, which is a 4 hour drive away. This is how cruise preps go:

Me:
I begin preparations by making a checklist a week before the cruise. I begin packing on Thursday, four days before the trip. I do laundry on Friday night, and my suitcase is 90% packed by Saturday morning. By Sunday at 4 pm, I am packed and ready to go, except for my toothbrush and medication, which I will put in my carry on bag on Monday after I get dressed.

Her:
She tells me that I am crazy to begin packing on Thursday, and spends the evening watching TV. By Sunday, she still hasn't packed. At 5 pm on Sunday, she decides that she needs to go buy some clothes for the trip. She accuses me of "showing off" and "throwing it in her face" that I am packed, because I put my packed luggage next to the door. We return from clothes shopping at 8 pm. She spends the time from 8-10 pm looking for missing clothes, which she accuses me of misplacing when I did laundry.

She sits on the couch at midnight, erasing the memory card for her camera. She asks me to empty the dishwasher because she still isn't packed. At 1:00 AM, she gets mad at me for playing Kerbal Space Program on the computer. I pointed out that I was packed two days ago. That starts a fight that lasts until 1:30.

We have to get up at 5:30 AM to leave, and she still is packing at 2 AM. By 2:30, she is looking for her passport, but still isn't packed, and somehow this is my fault.

Vent complete.

1 comment:

DaddyBear said...

So, other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Hope the rest of the trip went smooth.