Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Moms demand death of Tamir Rice

Anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time knows that I am not shy about calling out cops who are being overly aggressive. With that being said, I think that the decision to "no bill" the officer in the Ferguson shooting was the proper one. That doesn't mean that I think the cop is telling the truth. I have no idea if he is or isn't. What my agreement means is that Wilson  (the cop) is claiming that Brown (the decedent) was attacking him at the time, and presented a deadly threat. The physical evidence that I have seen corroborates that statement, and I haven't seen enough evidence to show that Wilson's account is false beyond a reasonable doubt. With that being the case, the only possible verdict is not guilty, and prosecutors are bound to only prosecute cases where there is no reasonable doubt as to the guilt of the accused.

As for the other shooting in Cleveland of the 12 year old, I am looking at the video, and the video does not match the statements of the cops in question. The video in that case seems to support those particular cops being charged. We will have to wait to see how the evidence plays out.

I would also like to point out that Moms Demand action is getting exactly what they hoped for: They want to call the cops every time they see someone with a gun, in the hope that police will kill them. Congratulations, Moms, Tamir's death is on you...

No comments: