Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sick

There is a reason why posting has been a little sporadic for the past few days. About three weeks ago, I posted about the state of Florida and the Army Corps dumping swamp water into the ocean. Three days after that incident, I got sick. Very sick. No one else in my house caught it, telling me that this was likely not the flu or anything.
My fever was high, my pulse racing, and it came with dizzy spells, vomiting, and diarrhea. My ears hurt. The illness lasted for two weeks. It was followed by a painful ear infection. On Friday, my left eardrum perforated, and for the next 24 hours, there was a green discharge coming from that ear. It still hurts like hell.
It is my belief that I caught whatever this was from being in that nasty swamp water. Stay out of that area of the Atlantic coast of Florida until they are finished dumping that swamp into the ocean.

2 comments:

SiGraybeard said...

All things considered, it sounds possible the runoff is contaminated. Good thing it wasn't that amebic meningoencephalitis!

I haven't been that far south in ages, but the area around Sebastian Inlet is currently devoid of sea grasses from a smaller, but similar dumping about two years ago, if I have the facts right. The Sebastian River north fork is dammed, and someone (the state?) dredged muck out of it and discharged that into the tidal part of the river. The grasses have died off, presumably because of the old agricultural chemicals, pesticides and other crap in it. Naturally, they blame it on something else (the cold?).

I sure hate to see them kill off the south end of the lagoon, too.

Anonymous said...

Holy hell guy! Sorry to hear about the illness, hope everything is getting better, that sounds pure miserable.