Sunday, May 13, 2012

Raping Uncle Sugar

About three years ago, I traveled to Belize City, located in a nation where the average wage is less than $3,500 a year. While I was there, I met a 34 year old guy who came to the United States and worked here for 8 years as an illegal immigrant, bagging groceries in New York City. He explained to me how it is easy to live the good life.

He had gotten an ITIN, and was paying taxes. After eight years, he claimed that he hurt his back at the age of 29, and with the help of a law firm in Miami, was able to get Social Security Disability. This disability totals nearly $700 a month, and he gets it for the rest of his life, even though he lives in Belize. This means that he is getting  $8,400 a year, two and a half times the average citizen's wages.

Yes, there are many immigrants that are taking advantage of the giveaways and raping this country. The problem isn't the immigrants, it is the government giving away tons of money. Stop doing that, and we can go back to the days of immigrants coming here to build a better life, and away from immigrants coming here for free money.

3 comments:

Wayne Conrad said...

I don't comment as often as I wish, because it would be a bit silly to add "Yes, exactly" to every one of your posts. But: "Yes, exactly."

Thank you for speaking my mind again.

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Hewes said...

Exactly -- expansive welfare state or open borders. And I'd argue the former is unsustainable in any event.