Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Obama is not the President, yet

I was watching MSNBC yesterday morning when I saw Obama holding a news conference. He was standing behind a lectern that was labeled "Office of the President Elect." There is only one small problem there: The election of the President has not occurred yet. The popular vote that was held at the beginning of the month was to select delegates that will elect the President, but the actual election will not be until next month.

One might think that I am picking nits by saying that, but Obama is the one who is ordering that people build things like lecterns labeled with a title that does not exist. Sure, the President-elect has an office, but the President-elect has no Constitutional Authority, and even if it did, Obama is not yet the President-elect.

So why is he doing this? Is he attempting to take over early? I find his behavior to be extremely narcissistic. While I still feel that neither McCain or Obama would make good Presidents, I think that Obama will sorely disappoint many of his supporters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks God I'm not the only one that is being driven crazy by all this Obama stuff.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that podium!