November 19 is National Ammo Day.
It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person.
The goals of Ammo Day:
The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!
There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that’s 7.5 BILLION rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!
You know what to do: Buy 100 rounds (or equivalent for hand-loaders).
If you cannot purchase ammo:
- Write a letter to your Representatives to let them know you support the Second Amendment, and would not support taxation schemes and gimmicks that limit or restrict a person’s ability buy ammo.
- Join or contribute to a gun rights organization.
- Number of firearms in America: 228,000,000
- Number of firearm owning households: At least 50,600,000
- Projected firearm owning households in America: 60-85 million
- Number of guns used in crimes: 450,000
- Percentage of guns used in crimes: 0.09%
Over 50 million law-abiding, gun owning households committed NO crime today… but collectively, we stop 2.5 million crimes per year… 6,849 a day!
Fact: Every day, 550 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes are prevented just by showing a gun. In less than 0.9% of the time is the gun ever actually fired. That is right- guns do not need to be fired in order to stop a crime, and they rarely are. This is why statistics that use self defense shootings as a base, suggesting that guns are ineffective in deterring crime, are incorrect.
Law abiding gun owners should keep up the good work and keep your ammo supply stocked!
The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help it by buying ammunition on November 19!