Monday, January 20, 2020

Microdot

As I said in my previous post, I am in the middle of trying to convert to using a microdot sight for my EDC. The sight is a Holosun 507c. I mounted it on top of my Smith and Wesson M&P9c using a Trijicon RMR mount that fits in the rear sight dovetail. Installing it was difficult because I could't press it using my sight tool.

Right now things are going well, but I am having a couple of issues. First, the good news. Here is 15 rounds at 15 yards on a B29 target:


I did that while firing about two shots per second, but I am guessing at the time. That brings me to my first problem: No timer yet. but I am waiting on the delivery of a MantisX.

My second issue is that the time from draw to first shot seems slow. This is caused by having to hunt for the reticle. Once I find the reticle, followup shots are fast and easy. What I think is happening is that I have to stop indexing the pistol as if I was looking for my front sight. It feels like the pistol is pointing too low when I initially present to the target. I think dry fire will fix that.

Still, I absolutely love this sight. It feels like I am faster and more accurate. The answer to my first problem is a timer and the answer to my second problem is practice.


1 comment:

Cookie said...

I had the same problem when I first started with an RMR. Try lookig for the front sight when the gun comes into view and natural point of aim should put the dot in your vision. At least that worked for me, YMMV

Cookie