Sunday, November 3, 2019

Thieves targeting gun owners at gas stations

According to the Sheriff of Fayette County, Georgia, thieves looking for firearms are keying in on pickups with hunting or even patriotic stickers or emblems. They are now targeting pickups at gas stations for smash and grab robberies, hoping to snatch guns from the center console.

This is the reason why my firearm is on me, and when it is not, it is secured in a Gunvault slider safe that is securely bolted to the inside of my truck. It has room for a firearm and a spare magazine. I own two of them.

I don't have any relationship with Gunvault, other than the fact that I own two of them, and I highly recommend them.

2 comments:

Differ said...

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for hunting over bait....

Jonathan H said...

Yet another reason to not have stickers or unique marks on your vehicle.
As said, also a reason to have your weapon on you and not loose in your vehicle. In my state, you MUST have a loaded weapon on you, not loose in your vehicle.