Sunday, January 14, 2018

Goose, gander

With all of the talk about Trump's crude remarks, I want to bring back a few of Obama's own crude language:
Thanking Ellen DeGeneres for being a good sport about her televised push-up contest against the First Lady in February of 2012, Obama said Ellen "is a gay friend who accepts a little bit of teasing about Michelle beating her in push-ups. I think she claims Michelle didn't go all the way down." Obama let the line hang naughtily, provoking laughter from the crowd.
Then there is the article about a few more of Obama's gaffes:

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
"I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking."
"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."
"That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn."
Draw your own conclusions as to why Trump is facing more criticism.

1 comment:

LSP said...

I saw Ellen on the back of a cereal box, advertising the breakfast snack -- for children.

There's something pretty sick about that.