Monday, August 26, 2013

Death

My brother thought it was cute and funny that his 12 year old son went into a very dangerous neighborhood and had his picture taken while standing in the projects. He thought it was so funny, that he even posted the picture of him on Facebook. In the three weeks preceeding this, 22 shootings were reported in that neighborhood.

A 15 year old kid has been charged with two counts of murder in connection with those shootings, along with armed burglary. The child's father was arrested on charges of negligence and illegally allowing his young son access to a firearm used in a death. Three other people, aged 17, 20, and 20 have also been charged in the two murders.

My brother told me that I was being racist by telling him to stay out of that neighborhood. After over two decades of seeing what life is like as a street paramedic, I know how that area is, and I am not willing to risk the lives of my kids to show the world how "fair" and "unbiased" I can be.

1 comment:

TOTWTYTR said...

I hope you won't take offense when I say that you obviously got the common sense in the family.

I'd call your brother a moron, but the morons might sue me for defamation.