Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Five years later

Not quite five years ago, I complained that the war on terror had allowed the government to take onto itself a host of new powers that turned this nation into a dictatorship. My Republican friends told me that the Patriot act was needed to fight terrorism. I said:

The fun part is going to be where I get to point out to my Republican friends that the powers being abused by Obama are the same ones they gleefully gave W.

 Why did I say that? Because of all of the powers the TSA was granted, on top of the Patriot Act. Well, here we are in the midst of watching those nifty tools that were left in W's tool shed being abused by the other guy.

1 comment:

SiGraybeard said...

First Law of gubmint. And a pretty darned good way to explain how it should work to newbies. Take any power you want to give to "your guy", who would never abuse it and imagine your worst enemy having it.