Wednesday, August 8, 2012

LA Times and PSH

OK, so the LA Times has their panties in a twist because a man in Ohio brought a loaded gun to a screening of Batman. After the cops arrested him, they found "eight rifles and handguns as well as "survivalist's gear" such as gas masks and bulletproof vests." They also flip out because he is "believed to have spent time in the military." He also sat in a seat that had its back against the wall where he could see the exit, giving himself a tactical advantage, according to police.

Wow.

I saw Batman. I was carrying a handgun. A search of my home would reveal far more than 8 firearms, and a lot of 'survivalist gear.' I even spent six years in the military. I have books on electronics, explosives, chemistry, poisons, and many other topics that could be made to look sinister. So what?

Since when did being a veteran mean that you were a murderer? Since when did carrying a concealed weapon mean that you were going to go on a rampage? Sitting in the back row of a theater makes you the enemy? Is the press in this country completely stupid?

3 comments:

SiGraybeard said...

I haven't made it to Batman, yet, but I've seen a few movies this year and I haven't been in a theater in years without a gun. Likewise, far more than eight guns in the house and some of that other "suspicious" stuff they talk about.

The press must be completely stupid and still assume that we are all more stupid than they are.

Anonymous said...

The whole meme is meant to convince the sheep to disarm the sheepdogs. Plain and simple and there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

You cannot conquer an armed populace and believe me, the PTB aim to conquer us. Words to that effect were spoken buy Hitler.

Jon said...

I went to Starbucks with a gun and a knife today, and deliberately sat in a corner with my back to the wall. I have what would be called by any "Authorized Journalist" *ptht* an arsenal and what would be called survival gear, or worse. How did I not snap into a murderous rage?