Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The US is about to be bought out

Before I became a firemedic, I was a volunteer EMT in Virginia, then a volunteer firefighter in Arkansas, then a volunteer firefighter/EMT in Florida. During those times, I had jobs working on industrial automation equipment. I got tired of being laid off every few months because we kept exporting jobs overseas, so I became a full time firemedic.

Anyone who has worked in a manufacturing related field can tell you that the jobs have been disappearing for decades. Ross Perot predicted the 'giant sucking sound' of jobs because of NAFTA, and many said he was a kook.

Turns out, he was right.

And so, here we are, our economy teetering on the brink of disaster, and I am sitting here wondering when the Chinese will finally absorb us into their empire.

2 comments:

Bob S. said...

I'm surprised they haven't started calling in their collateral yet.

I'm assuming they are waiting for our economy to crash so they can get the best deal for their money.

SiGraybeard said...

They're doing it on the installment basis - they want to build a 50 square mile city in Idaho. Self-sustaining (yeah, right).

The thing that gets me is that fed.gov keeps making laws that virtually force US companies to send work overseas and then make it sound like it's the evil companies. It's like they can't imagine any possible unintended consequences to their laws.